MN - Essentials of Supervision Training (Part of Spring 2021 Social Work Supervision Certification Series)
Start, grow, or strengthen your supervision practice! (15 CEUs)
Essentials of SupervisionPart of the Spring 2021 Social Work Supervision Certification Series
3 Tuesdays from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. CST via Zoom
- Tuesday, May 4, 2021
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021
- Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Start, grow, or strengthen your supervision practice!
We are excited to bring you a series that will give you the skills and knowledge for being a supervisor in an ever-changing world. Whether you’re new to supervision or close to retirement, join us for an interactive, hands-on learning experience. You can register for one or both trainings.
Get certified with NASW-MN!
The Supervision Certification Series is made up of two trainings (15 CEUs each): “Essentials of Supervision” and “Advanced Supervision”. Complete the full series to get the 30 hours of supervision training needed to provide social work licensure supervision in Minnesota – AND become a NASW-MN Certified Supervisor!** Register for "Advanced Supervision" separately.
Yes, this is for ALL social work supervisors! If you’re:
…you’re sure to learn new skills that will enhance your practice now and into the future!
- Supervising in an organization or providing outside licensure supervision
- Supervising interns, new or seasoned staff, front-line service providers, or leaders
- In a clinical or macro setting, or somewhere in between
- About to start supervising for the first time, moving into a leadership role, or want to add to your supervision toolkit
Built by social workers, for social workers!
Building on the success of our first certification series, this year we feature tons of fresh content and fresh perspectives, created and facilitated by skilled social workers with decades of supervision experience. Complete one training for 15 CEUs; or the full series for 30 CEUs plus NASW-MN Supervision Certification!
What we will cover in "Essentials of Supervision"
Understand your values and strengths as a supervisor and leader.
- Understanding ourselves as supervisors and leaders
- Personal style and brand
- Management vs. coaching vs. leadership
- Theories, models, roles, and types of supervision
- Tracking tools, statutes, and logistics of supervision
- Boundaries, self-care, and ethics
- Dual relationships, personal boundaries, and social media
- Rural vs. urban distinctions
- Unpacking ethical dilemmas
- Ethics of self-care for both supervisor and supervisee
- Skill Building
- Supervising toward racial and social justice
- Feedback, accountability, and confrontation
- Tools and techniques for engaging supervisees
Access and materials will be e-mailed a few days before the training begins.*Student pricing ONLY APPLIES to NASW Student Members.
Cancellations and Refunds: Please notify NASW-MN via phone or e-mail if you are no longer able to participate in this training. Cancellations made by April 20, 2021 (11:59 p.m. CST) will receive a full refund. Cancellations made between April 21 and April 27, 2021 (11:59 p.m. CST) will receive a 50 % refund. No refunds will be issued after April 27, 2021. Contact NASW-MN with any questions at email@example.com or 651-293-1935.WHO DO I CONTACT WITH MY QUESTIONS?
- Trouble registering for an event? Contact InReach Tech Support at the contact information at the bottom of this page.
- Can’t log in to your NASW Member account? Contact NASW Member Services at 800-742-4089 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about event content or access, or need to cancel or request a refund? Contact NASW-MN directly at email@example.com or 651-293-1935.
*NASW-MN is providing 15 CEUs for attending all 3 live days of this training. This training will be recorded. If you need to miss any of the training, you can view the recordings and complete the work you missed on your own for independent learning CEUs. For information on how to track independent learning CEUs, visit the MN Board of Social Work's website.
**You may only miss 2 of 6 training dates to qualify for certification; if you miss 3 or more, you will not qualify for certification. All training dates will be recorded. If you need to miss any of the training and want to qualify for the certification, you must view the recordings and complete the work you missed, then submit a summary of your learning to the course instructor no later than 2 weeks after the last day of the course. Any work submitted after this time will not count towards the supervisor certification. Social workers need 30 hours of training in supervision content to begin providing licensure supervision in Minnesota; certification is not required. Visit the MN Board of Social Work's website for more details.
|MN Essentials of Supervision Training - Spring 2021||Standard|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
MN - Advanced Supervision Training (Part of Spring 2021 Social Work Supervision Certification Series)
Challenges and Complexities of Cultural Competency in Social Work Practice
The 3 S's: Supervision, Self-reflection, and Self-care
Workplace Psychological Health and Safety: A Holistic Approach to Adult Bullying and Harassment
Self-Care, the Wounded Healer, Resiliency, and Post-traumatic Growth
Successful Strategies for Building Employee Resilience
Engaging and Working with the Hard-to-Reach Client
Supervision in the midst of pandemic: Trauma monitoring and intervention
Intersectionality of Black Lives: Advancing a Conversation of Blackness in Learning Spaces
MN - Supervising Social Work Interns