NASW is expanding the Supervisory Leaders in Aging (SLA) certificate program to be available for online streaming through NASW’s Social Work Online CE Institute. Enrollees will gain enhanced gerontological knowledge to improve the delivery of health care and social services to older adults and their families.
Participants will have the ability to earn the “Supervisory Leaders in Aging, Principles” certificate and 17 CEs after completing 10 training modules, or they can choose to access them a-la-carte.
This in-depth certificate program is geared toward social workers and service providers of other related disciplines who want to develop or expand their supervisory knowledge and skills and are also interested in using research to inform their practice or measuring their practice outcomes. Led by seasoned educators and leaders in gerontological social work, the following courses are offered a-la-carte or as a part of the bundled certificate program:
- Advancing Skills in Group Supervision
- Advancing Skills in Individual Supervision
- Teaching Gerontological Social Work Assessment Skills
- Heightening Awareness of Older Adult Self-Neglect & Mistreatment
- Expanding Knowledge of Mental Health in Late Life
- Supervising Social Work Staff in their Work with Families
- Supporting Staff in Ethical Practice
- Translating Research Evidence into Gerontological Social Work Practice
- Measuring Outcomes of Gerontological Social Work Practice
- Promoting Culturally Competent Gerontological Practice