You must select a location to proceed.
There was a problem adding this course to your account. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact our support department at (877) 880-1335.
Adding Registration, Please wait...
You must be logged in to perform this action.
IA: Spirituality in Clinical Social Work
A Brief Introduction
Date: Friday, September 24, 2021
Sign-in: 8:45 am - 9:00 am CT
Workshop: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm CT (with intermittent breaks)
Key concepts to be covered include
Presenter: Christine Dietz is a Licensed Independent Social Worker and Spiritual Director in the Jewish tradition. She holds a Ph.D. in sociology from the University of New York at Buffalo, a D. Min in Jewish Spirituality from the Graduate Theological Foundation and a M.S.W from the University of Iowa. She currently directs the graduate level training program and offers spiritually integrated psychotherapy and spiritual direction at the Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center. Christine also teaches in the Advanced Training in Spiritually Integrated Psychotherapy program of the Solihten Institute. She taught for over 20 years in schools of social work in Maine and New York and has offered workshops and presentations on psychotherapy and spirituality in community settings in Iowa, New York and Maine.WHO DO I CONTACT WITH MY QUESTIONS?
- Define spirituality and how it manifests in clients’ lives and in the therapeutic relationship.
- Define and discuss the roles of explicit and implicit spirituality in therapy
- Discuss the role of spirituality of the therapist and the spirituality of the client in the therapeutic relationship
- Describe the process of spiritual assessment
- Distinguish between healthy and unhealthy spirituality and describe ethical and effective ways of working with each
- Define spiritual countertransference and discuss ethical and effective ways to deal with it in the therapeutic relationship
- Trouble registering for an event? Contact InReach Tech Support at the contact information at the bottom of this page.
- Can’t log in to your NASW Member account? Contact NASW Member Services at 800-742-4089 or email@example.com.
- Questions about event content or access, or need to cancel or request a refund? Contact NASW-IA directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-635-5184.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Challenges and Complexities of Cultural Competency in Social Work Practice
NASW CE Tracker
Contemporary Emotion Research and its Relevance for Clinical Practice – Presented by the NASW Massachusetts Chapter
Supervisory Leaders in Aging (SLA) Principles Package
A Resilience-Enhancing Stress Model of Social Work Practice
How Social Workers Help Clients Cope with the Loss of a Beloved Pet
Emotional and Cultural Intelligence and Why it Matters in Leadership
Clinical Art Psychotherapy in Complex Trauma Treatment with Diverse Populations
Dementia in the Age of COVID-19
Couples Therapy in Seven Words
2021 Revisions to the NASW Code of Ethics: Self-Care and Cultural Competence
Advanced Clinical: Somatic Therapy for Trauma