MN - Virtual Licensure Exam Review Prep Course (2/10/2024)
For ALL licensure categories! Join us to prepare for your upcoming licensure exam.
WHO DO I CONTACT WITH MY QUESTIONS?
THIS IS A LIVE EVENT AND WILL NOT BE RECORDED
- Questions about the event or access? Contact NASW-MN directly at email@example.com or 651-293-1935.
- Can’t log in to your NASW Member account? Contact NASW Member Services at 800-742-4089 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trouble with this website? Contact Social Work Online CE Institute Tech Support at the contact information at the bottom of this page.
*We have multiple dates for this course. Please ensure that you are registering for the correct date.
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION AND DISCLAIMERS BELOW BEFORE REGISTERING. SEE COURSE FAQs FOR MORE DETAILS.
Virtual Licensure Exam Review Prep Course
Saturday, February 10th, 2024
9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. CST via Zoom
Presenter: Dawn Apgar, Ph.D, LSW, ACSW
Author of social work exam study guides from Springer Publishing
This course is for ALL categories of the ASWB exam! Register for the exam category that you will be reviewing - not your current licensure type.
Online registration closes Wednesday, January 31st at 11:59 p.m. CST. No cancellations or refunds after this date.
NASW-MN is bringing Social Workers the best national trainer and the lowest price possible to help ensure you feel ready for your upcoming licensure exam! Learn strategies for interpreting exam questions and understanding exam format, and get study tips and tools to prepare for your exam with confidence. You'll also learn ways to manage your anxiety and have access to a wealth of study materials.
This course does not review content; rather, it focuses on strategies aimed at helping you to pass the exam. Content review is included in the course materials.
- Access to the 6.5 hour review course with Dawn Apgar
- Hard copy and electronic exam study guide (Third Edition) from Springer Publishing*
- Contains material for the ASWB exam blueprint, including new content added in 2015
- Offers a wealth of test-taking tips and strategies to foster exam confidence
- Includes a practice test (with explanations of correct answers) that mirrors the exam
- 6 months of access to ExamPrepConnect, a robust Social Work Licensure Learning Management System
- Set your exam date to generate a study plan
- Use flashcards and other study tools to review exam content
- Connect on a discussion board with full access to the author and others who are studying for the exam
Course access will be e-mailed and become available to registrants through the "My Account page" one week before the course. You will require a reliable internet connection, webcam, microphone, and speakers to participate.
- You will not receive an email with access information after registering; you will only be emailed a sales receipt.
- Course access will be emailed to you approximately one week before the course date. Please check your junk/spam folder. You can also access the course from your Social Work Online CE Institute My Account page.
- We do not deliver to PO Boxes. Please provide a street address while registering.
- Please ensure that your MAILING ADDRESS and E-MAIL ADDRESS are correct during registration to receive your course materials in a timely manner.
- We recommend using a personal e-mail address; workplace and school e-mail systems may filter or block external messages.
- We are not responsible for delays or non-receipt of materials due to an incorrect address or filtered/blocked messages. You may be charged for shipping costs if an invalid or non-forwarding address is provided. We do not deliver to PO Boxes.
- The course will not be recorded. Please make arrangements to attend the course in its entirety; you will not have the opportunity to view anything missed.
- You must have your webcam on for the entirety of this course, for copyright reasons. We recommend joining the course from a computer or tablet to be able to fully participate in the course; mobile phones may limit your ability to fully participate.
SEE COURSE FAQs FOR MORE DETAILS.
STUDENTS! Join NASW today to get Member Pricing and 1 full year of Student Membership!
Please note that it may take 24-48 hours after joining NASW to access Member Pricing. Plan to register early!!
|CATEGORY|| Bachelor's Exam|
(LSW in MN)
| Master's Exam|
(LGSW in MN)
| Advanced Generalist Exam|
(LISW in MN)
(LICSW in MN)
| $95|| $95||$155|| $155|
| $155|| $155||$195|| $195|
Group Pricing available! Contact email@example.com.
Online registration closes Wednesday, January 31st, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. CST. No cancellations or refunds after this date.
About the Presenter
Dawn Apgar, Ph.D., LSW, ACSW, and author of social work exam guides by Springer Publishing
Dawn Apgar has helped thousands of social workers across the country pass the ASWB examination in all categories of licensure, and has written the exam guides printed by Springer Publishing. Dr. Apgar has done extensive research on licensure and is currently chairperson of her state's licensing board. She is a past president of the New Jersey Chapter of NASW and has been on its National Board of Directors. In 2014, the Chapter presented her with a Lifetime Achievement Award. Dr. Apgar has taught in both undergraduate and graduate social work programs and has extensive direct practice, policy, and management experience in the social work field.
Update from NASW-MN (September 2022)
ASWB released its 2022 ASWB Exam Pass Rate Analysis in early August 2022, confirming glaring disparities in pass rates among racial and other demographic groups. NASW-MN does not support use of the ASWB exams in their current form and is advocating for significant changes to testing and regulation. However, as long as the ASWB exams are the only path to licensure, we want you to be as prepared as possible. We continue to offer this course at the lowest possible price to cover our costs, and provide you with great resources and strategies to prepare for your exam. We invite you to contact us with your concerns and questions about attending this course. If you've taken the exam and have not passed or have financial barriers to registering for this course, we invite you to contact us.
*There is no Advanced Generalist electronic exam guide. Advanced Generalist registrants will receive the Clinical electronic exam guide.
*Please check with the regulatory board in the state(s) where you are licensed to ensure this course meets continuing education requirements.*Purchase of this course is only intended for individual use
|Advanced Generalist||Early Registration||Standard|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
How Social Workers Can Work With Children And Youth With Complex Histories
A Real Conversation about Critical Race Theory in Social Work Practice
A Discussion on School Based Violence: A Description, Prevalence and Tools for Social Workers
Exam & License Prep Course - Content - NASW-Utah