You must select a location to proceed.
There was a problem adding this course to your account. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact our support department at (877) 880-1335.
Adding Registration, Please wait...
You must be logged in to perform this action.
IA: Sex Addiction and Betrayal Trauma
This event is an IN - PERSON
Monday, September 12, 2022
8:30 am - 9:00 am (CT) - Check-in
9:00 am - 12:15 pm (CT) - Workshop
Sexual addiction and betrayal trauma are widely misunderstood and often undiagnosed and untreated. As a process addiction in an intimately shared behavior, sexually addictive behaviors impact intimate partners in a more profound manner than other addictions may. Developing a clear understanding of what sexually addictive behavior is and how accompanying behaviors manifest in traumatic experiences for partners will enable clinicians to respond to these issues more appropriately when presented by clients. Understanding how to approach recovery from both a sexual addiction perspective and betrayal trauma perspective is as equally as important as understanding the dynamics of sexual addiction and betrayal trauma. The steps necessary to recover from sexual addiction and for partners to recover from intimate deception are primary if trust and shared intimacy are to be regained. Clinicians with a working knowledge of diagnosing and treating sexual addiction and betrayal trauma are greatly needed.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
WHO DO I CONTACT WITH MY QUESTIONS?
- Understand the criteria for Sex Addiction
- Define types of Sex Addiction
- Review types of Sex Addiction Assessments
- Description of Betrayal Trauma and betrayal trauma symptoms
- Discuss research Supporting Concept of Betrayal Trauma
- Identify the need for/benefits of Sex Addiction and Betrayal Trauma Therapists
- Understand the steps to become a Certified Sex Addiction Therapist/Certified Partner Trauma Therapists
- Please note that NASW-Iowa Chapter charges a $25.00 administrative fee for all cancellations.